IMPORTANT: Because of the COVID-19 Health Crisis, the AGMA Fund Office is currently closed due to the "State of New York on PAUSE" executive order. Our staff is working remotely during normal business hours (9:00 ET to 5:30ET). The best way to reach us is to send an email to email@example.com and we will email or call you back.
Please visit our COVID-19 Resource page for more information about new options for requesting funds from your AGMA Retirement Plan balance.
COBRA Premium Subsidy: The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, which was signed into law on March 11, 2021, includes a six-month federally financed COBRA subsidy covering the full COBRA premium for eligible individuals. Eligible individuals are those who lost or lose group health coverage due to a participant’s reduction in hours or involuntary termination of employment (other than for gross misconduct), including those who did not elect COBRA when it was initially offered or elected COBRA but discontinued it before April 1, 2021 and are still within the COBRA period. The subsidy will be available to eligible individuals for the period from April 1, 2021 through September 30, 2021, except for periods in which the participant is eligible for Medicare or any other group health coverage. Once the government has issued model notices which are expected by April 10, the Fund Office will be in touch with members who were eligible for COBRA.
AGMA Health Fund: New member cards effective January 1, 2021 have been mailed to all members by Aetna. You may also access these cards electronically by logging in to the Aetna website or using the Aetna app on your smart device. These cards must be presented to your medical providers beginning on January 1, 2021.
Online Portal: The AGMA Fund Office member portal is now online and available at portal.agmaretirement-health.org. This portal is set up to allow members to view employer contributions and eligibility directly. Initially, the portal shows contributions to the AGMA Retirement Plan; additional updates will allow members to see contributions and eligibility for the AGMA Health Fund.
Members who have provided their electronic consent should have received a welcome email last week. If you are experiencing a problem with the link in that email, please simply enter the portal address (portal.agmaretirement-health.org) and then provide the temporary user ID and login from the email. To sign up for the portal and to provide your electronic consent, please complete and return the electronic consent form to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will have the system generate your new login information.
AGMA Retirement Plan: Statements for the year ending August 31, 2019 were finalized and emailed to members who provided electronic consent; the physical mailing of the remaining statements is in process.
Plan A May 1 Changes: Please note that beginning May 1st, 2021 changes will be made to The Aetna Open Access Managed Choice POS plan; please click on this link to view all details regarding the upcoming changes. The Summary Plan Description for the AGMA Health Fund can be accessed here or a hard copy can be requested by calling the Fund Office at (212) 765-3664.
AGMA Health Fund Open Enrollment: The AGMA Health Fund will conduct Open Enrollment from November 2 through December 4, 2020; please see the mailing that was sent to all eligible members. This is the time when members eligible for Plan A coverage can change levels of coverage or add dependents who were not added at a previous time. All changes must be made in writing during Open Enrollment; you must send a written document to the AGMA Fund Office and to your employer's payroll office by Friday, December 4, 2020 to be in effect on January 1, 2021.
Email Security: When we communicate back to you, your email may come through as a link to ZixMail. This is the service that we use to communicate securely with our members in order to protect your Personal Health Information (PHI) and other personally identifiable information. Once you have set up an account for ZixMail, please use this service to respond to our emails securely. Please note that secure emails will expire after 30 days to protect your information.
- Plan B Members: There were significant changes to Plan B due to the Affordable Care Act, effective September 1, 2014. This letter was emailed and mailed to the address we had on file explaining these changes. Click here
- Plan B Members: Plan B members have two opportunities to buy into Plan A coverage after June and December of each year; please see this letter for additional information.
- Vision Benefits: Plan A eligible members can now sign up for vision benefits on a self-pay basis. Please see the information that was included in the open enrollment letter and the list of benefits covered under this plan. If interested, please call the Fund Office for rate information.
- Plan A members can download a copy of the current Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) by clicking here.
- Health Fund Summary Annual Report
- Retirement Plan Summary Annual Report
- Women's Health & Cancer Act Notice
- Plan B Summary Plan Description - Click here
- Plan B members have two opportunities to buy into Plan A coverage after June and December of each year; please see this letter for additional information.