Frequently Asked Questions AGMA Health Fund Dental
1. Who is eligible for dental insurance through the AGMA Health Fund?
A. Any member who is enrolled in AGMA Health Fund Plan A is also eligible to enroll in the dental insurance plan. Please contact the Fund Office for plan options, plan costs, and enrollment forms.
2. Do I have to choose an in-network dentist?
A. No. AGMA Health Fund offers both the Freedom of Choice DMO plan and the Freedom of Choice Traditional Plan. The DMO plans similar to an HMO plan where you go to an in-network dentist and your out-of-pocket costs are minimal.
3. How do I know if a particular dentist is in-network?
A. You can either call Aetna Dental member services at 1-877-238-6200 or check their Web site at www.aetna.com/docfind
4. How will I know what percentage of a particular dental service is covered?
A. For specific questions about coverage of services and amounts covered, please call Aetna Dental Member Services at 1-877-238-6200.
5. If I go to an out-of network dentist, do I have to pay for services “up-front?”
A. That will depend upon the billing practices of your particular dentist. It is best to ask your dental office this question when scheduling an appointment.
6. How long are children covered under the dental plan?
A. According to the Freedom of Choice Comprehensive Dental Benefit Plan: Effective January 1, 2022 coverage for children under family plans last until the end of the month in which the child turns 26 years of age.