COBRA Premium Assistance for Eligible Entertainment Industry Employees: The COBRA Premium Assistance Program for Entertainment Industry Employees was created to assist eligible entertainment industry employees in maintaining their health insurance during episodic employment. To apply for the COBRA Subsidy for NEW YORK STATE, you can find the fillable application here. For a member to be eligible for the COBRA Subsidy for New York State
- you must be a resident of New York State at the time your initial coverage ends
- you must be eligible for COBRA through an entertainment industry union plan;
- you must not already be receiving premium assistance through a Department of Health program;
- you must not be eligible for Medicare;
- you must not be eligible for employer sponsored coverage; and
- you must meet the household income limitation which can be found at this link
To read the frequently asked questions concerning the COBRA Premium Assistance please go to Health Insurance – COBRA: Coverage for Eligible Entertainment Industry Employees – FAQs | Department of Financial Services (ny.gov).